Thursday, June 14, 2012

A question about going to live in another country for a year

A question about going to live in another country for a year? Possible?
I'm 14 years old and in grade 9. I live in Canada. I have relatives in Poland and Germany. i'm very interested in living in Poland in the future and I think it would be a good idea if i could, while in school, go to Poland and stay there for about a year, see if I really like it there, what the everyday life is and meanwhile go to school and educate myself and get to know the language better ( I know it ok well but it's far from perfect). Question is: Would that be possible? How could it be arranged? ANy complications/documents I would need? Who can I talk to to find out more? I DO NOT mean with exchange student companies because I already have people I could stay with and all. Thanks!!
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are many ways of doing this. One way might be to become an exchange student. Check with your school to see if they participate in any exchange programs. Also, is there any way you might qualify for either German or Polish citizenship? Were either of your parents born in either Germany or Poland? Attending the equivalent of High School in Europe may be difficult as their educational systems are set up quite differently than are those in North America. One way around this would be to wait until you are at Uni in Canada. Most Universities have arrangements with other universities in Europe where you can study a term, or even a year, there. That way you can study overseas, but still be assured of your college credits going towards your Canadian degree. You still have lots of time to think think things through. Keep your eyes and ears open and I'm sure you'll find something which fits your needs. Cheers.
2 :
Contact the polish consulate and find out what visa you will need http://www.polishconsulateny.org/en/





Read more discussions :

Search News