Thursday, June 7, 2012

A question about going to live in another country for a year

A question about going to live in another country for a year? Possible?
I'm 14 years old and in grade 9. I live in Canada. I have relatives in Poland and Germany. i'm very interested in living in Poland in the future and I think it would be a good idea if i could, while in school, go to Poland and stay there for about a year, see if I really like it there, what the everyday life is and meanwhile go to school and educate myself and get to know the language better ( I know it ok well but it's far from perfect). Question is: Would that be possible? How could it be arranged? ANy complications/documents I would need? Who can I talk to to find out more? I DO NOT mean with exchange student companies because I already have people I could stay with and all. Thanks!!
Other - Society & Culture - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The best people to contact would be the Canadian Consulat in those countries. You cannot just up and move to another country. There is much paperwork and red tape involved.
2 :
Start by talking to your parents. You also have to be sure your relatives want to be responsible for you. But start asking. If you can't do it now. . .most parents don't want to let you go when you are 14. But make plans to go to college in Poland. Keep working on the language. It's better to make a decision like that when you are older. If you can work it out, it would be a learning experience for sure.
3 :
First warning : Level in Polish school is higher than in Canadian. My cousin lives from few years at Canada and she said that Polish school is harder. As a pupil you need to know much more in Poland than in Canada




Read more discussions :

Search News