Thursday, June 21, 2012

A question about going to live in another country for a year

A question about going to live in another country for a year? Possible?
I'm 14 years old and in grade 9. I live in Canada. I have relatives in Poland and Germany. i'm very interested in living in Poland in the future and I think it would be a good idea if i could, while in school, go to Poland and stay there for about a year, see if I really like it there, what the everyday life is and meanwhile go to school and educate myself and get to know the language better ( I know it ok well but it's far from perfect). Question is: Would that be possible? How could it be arranged? ANy complications/documents I would need? Who can I talk to to find out more? I DO NOT mean with exchange student companies because I already have people I could stay with and all. Thanks!!
Other - Germany - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unless you are an EU citizen you will need to apply for a student visa in either Germany or Poland both are EU countries. In case you still have Polish citizenship you could without any problem stay in any EU country and study there. Be aware to go to school in any european country will mean you need to be fluent in the local language. I ll add the site for German immigration Poland should not be too much of a difference again both are EU countries. In Germany there is DAAD an association managing student exchanges most European countries have something similar





Read more discussions :

Search News