Monday, March 14, 2011

Are you living in Poland? Tell me what Polish people are like

Are you living in Poland? Tell me what Polish people are like?
Are they usually funny, serious, uptight, lazy, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty....etc? I read that 98% of people living in Poland are homogenious (pure Polish with long ancestry of Polish) Which leads me to think that the purest traits would be evident today. Best answer goes to the most descriptive answer. Thank you so very much! I think alcoholism is a problem in every country, Poland is honest enough to admit and deal with it...don't you think? tryingmypatients: you seem to travel a lot and experience culture in a most accepting way. I admire that.
Poland - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Polish people are extremely hospitable when you are in their homes, but can be rather abrupt and rude on the streets. They are generally great people. Some of my favorite people in the world live in Poland. I find them to be good looking, but of course, generalizations are dangerous, and you will find all types of people there. They are much better educated then people in North America in general, and interesting to talk to. There is a problem with alcoholism in Poland, but they are working through it.
2 :
I don't live there, but I was lucky enough to visit a couple of weeks ago during Easter. We traveled to Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. In each city I was struck by their imaginative and liberal use of color, not only on the buildings and houses, but on their bodies. Many ladies, not just the young ladies, use what we would consider very violent hair color. I saw mostly bright bright reds and oranges, but also saw some purplish reds. Usually the hair was all one color, but many had striped shades of blonde. Believe me, we were not in a punk section of town or bar area. I saw many ladies in monocromatic outfits - one lady all in shades of purple to match her hair and one lady all in white - boots, hair, clothes and her shawl had white feathers. Many ladies I thought had a love affair with the tanning beds, many were unnaturally dark for spring. What are the Poles like? I thought most were in good shape, walkers and bikers mainly, though I saw more smokers in the street compared to the US. In the shops and restaurants, we encountered people of good humour. They smiled when we used our meager Polish. In the streets we were aware we were being scanned and labeled as tourists because of our shoes - surely grown up men do not wear white sneakers. Laughing school girls walk in packs arm in arm, wearing the latest fashion it seemed - white socks worn folded down over their shoes over black stockings. They gave my pre-teens the eye several times for the jeans and sneakers and Sponge Bob t-shirts.
3 :
We are the best people on earth. Of course that is a scientific opinion. You need only to ask anyone in Poland. We complain a lot and joke a lot. We got the best food on earth and the prettiest girls. Of course we also have all the handsome guys, but that is not for me to say (blatant self- advertisement is not "done" here). The only thing we have that is bad are the politicians. They are usually the mutated offspring of rats and cockroaches- though I seem to notice that is a fairly common occurence all over the world... Strangely enough we are very different physically and emotionally. Frankly, the best way is to come here and see for yourself. Nothing beats hands- on experience! ;-)))





Read more discussions :

Search News