Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'd like to live in Poland, but

I'd like to live in Poland, but...?
...I can't speak Polish! Instead, I can speak 5 languages, even Russian. Will it be enough, or should I learn Polish? Help me! No stupid answers, or I will report them as abuse.
Languages - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well since Polish is the official language of Poland, I would say yeah you need to learn it. I don't think it would be fun living there and getting by through speaking other languages.
2 :
Many people who lived in Poland during the Cold war had to learn Russian, so these people all speak at least a little Russian. But this is not the case of younger people and you have to know that many Polish are not so found of that period and of the Russian things. Therefore you should definitely learn Polish.
3 :
Молодец! И по русскому говорите..Undoubtedly, you need to acquire a decent level in Polish language in order to fulfill your dream successfully and to feel comfortably living in the country. I would say that with the vast knowledge in languages ( as you mention you speak five) and the experience in learning them it'll be not a stumbling block to start with Polish. At any event, I suppose that as it is about a dream to get realized you are ready to spend certain time in preparation for your future life and the Polish language is an enormous asset. Polish people in their majority are reluctant to speak Russian ( they were approaching with the same fondness, even when it was a compulsory subject in schools ). Most of the young people do not speak even a little.. Wish you luck!!!





Read more discussions :

Search News