Friday, December 14, 2012

How to adjust from living in US to Poland

How to adjust from living in US to Poland?
Im most likely going to be moving to Poland next year, if not, some other european country(for my work). Im just wondering how Im going adjust. for example, some things im worried about finding an apartment over there, i need suggestions on websites (for pila, poland inparticular) where you can search for apartments. also, how i can pay my bills? i have credit card and storage bills here that i will have to pay with US money. put how will i set that up when i will be making zoltys or euros? just a few things im thinking of
Other - Society & Culture - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
When I moved into the States from Europe, I took all my stuff, and my money, with me. You can probably set up an account there and wire transfer funds over. It really depends on your living arrangement, as in how long you are going to live there and some such. Some tax concerns might also exist. But all in all, paying with an American credit card will probably result in various extra costs that you may want to avoid by having funds available there locally. I came from Finland, and I can tell you one thing... Nobody uses checks there. People rarely pay with credit cards (debit cards are common, cash even more common). I don't know about Poland, though. But in Finland, it wasn't like in the States where pretty much every mom & pop store will take a major credit card. I would keep funds locally available.





Read more discussions :

Search News