Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Should I apply as an international student or not

Should I apply as an international student or not?
I'm a dual citizen - U.S. and Poland. I'm planning to study in the U.S. but I live in Poland since I was 8 and will soon graduate here, so I'm going to have a foreign transcript. I'm wondering if I should apply as an international student or not. And if not, I'd like to know what (generally) I'd have to do. P.S. I don't want to ask any institutions, since this isn't urgent yet and I'm just asking out of curiosity.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. Apply as a US student. Because it means you will have no restrictions on working. As for the foreign transcript, you just have to say that your family took you there as a child and that is where you grew up. And now you are returning home to the USA. It is no big deal. There are tens of thousands of American kids who are raised overseas as their parents were involved in international business. These are called expatriate workers. Remember that you only need to apply as an international student IF you need a visa to live in the USA. Since you have a US passport, you will not require an F-1 visa to live in the US. Therefore you are not an international student.





Read more discussions :

Search News