Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm English. And Now I Want to Be Polish, Living in POLAND

I'm English. And Now I Want to Be Polish, Living in POLAND?
Hello, and Deandre. I'm 18, English, and have a strong, Polish background, with strong Polish roots. My mother is full Polish, and my father english. And on my mothers side, all my cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents are Polish :) but on my fathers, it is all English. But now, i feel very Polish "oriented", and am learning Polish now, trying to get away from the "English life" and live as a real "Pole". Is this normal? Because i feel strange, but i feel more "awake" with my life, as if everything is clear now. Have you any advice? Thank you very much, dziekuje.
Poland - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, when you have double roots, it's usually like that. You've grown up as English, and now, becoming older, you feel that it's somehow important not to give up on the other side of your heritage... It's cool. And I saw many cases like that. POWODZENIA!
2 :
sorry dude, but u cant change who you are. once a brit always a brit.
3 :
I also have double roots and I had the same feelings. You have to trust your feelings and move forward courageously. Miłego dnia!
4 :
YEAH go and study in Poland straight after high school, it will be cheaper for you as you have dual citizenship!
5 :
I feel the same way, except instead of English and Polish, it was Mexican (Father) and Polish (Mother). I love my father's side of the family too, but I have ALWAYS called myself Polish-American. (I was born in the States) I speak Polish, I understand the culture, the history, the people, and I have always loved it and embraced it. My advice, GO FOR IT!!!





Read more discussions :

Search News