Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Should I live permanently in Poland or America

Should I live permanently in Poland or America?
My grandparents live on Poland and I really want to live there. I go to poland over the summer. It seems so much better and happier. I am really sad here and I really want to move to a place where I have better friends. Also I heard the education is better and everything. So should I move to Poland.
Poland - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well 1st do a little survey in poland , check education n job . then make a move it isnt a bad place to live , i heard polish people r very nice n friendly so just check things for your future n take a step
2 :
The question should be CAN i move to Poland? You need a residence visa. Can you qualify? Check the Polish embassy website or contact the embassy.
3 :
That really depends on you, so you have to decide. The question of support is a major one here.
4 :
Poland is a nice country but it's not for everyone. Some people will love it here, but some people won't. Remember that visiting Poland it's not the same as living here.... Poland + Poland is a lot safer than anywhere in America.( i assume you mean USA) + you can make some good friends here, - but some people can be terrible... (especially those that you have to deal with at work) + nature + Poland is in center of Europe. Everything is very close and its very cheap to fly anywhere. I flew to Paris for 7 $....(2 hour flight) - education here is one bull shit. US has some of the best schools in the world. Polish's schools aren't even in top 500.... - bureaucracy is everywhere, it takes forever to get things done - people here will do anything for money. I've seen people doing a lot of crazy stuff just because they wanted " a little more". It's scary how far some people can go just to get few more bucks paid an hour.... - life in Poland can be unstable, where in US is the opposite. If you have an alright job in US your life is pretty much stable and comfortable. In Poland you always have to worry about everything. It can be nice because a lot of stuff is happening where in US is BORING, everyday is the same... In Poland everyday is different. But it can be stressful. I would rather have a boring life in America than always worry about every little thing in Poland. = US heath care system sucks & in Poland health care system sucks too. Before moving here I would definitely come down for couple of month and try to live here.... then decide whether you want to stay or run back to US :)
5 :
Do it! I'm the same as you. My entire family lives in Poland, except a few people, and I'm the only one who was born in the US. And I keep giving my parents a hard time for not borning me in Poland. I don't feel like an American, I fell like a Polack! I travel there every few years too, I'm going back this summer actualy, and you're right! Poland is way better then America, for all the reasons you mentioned and many more! I wanna move to Poland too. I'd be closer to family and have more friends there. When I go this year again, I'll see what it's gonna be like, and if I like it I might move there!
6 :
I'm Polish, and visit poland every few years to see my family. personally, i much prefer it here, but that might just be because i was brought up in this society. I find that american culture is just much more open and diverse. Poland is a great country, but you won't see much diversity there. Americans have gangsters, Poles have obnoxious football loving, bald, tracksuit wearing hooligans. My sister moved there for art university and by far the worst thing is the bureaucracy. It took her ONE WHOLE YEAR for them to approve her high school diploma. It was the biggest hassle ever. I also find that some people have sticks up their butts. But i guess that depends where you go. In small towns, everyone is like this. However if you go to Krakow or Warszawa there's more open, normal people. Oi. my feelings about poland are mixed. I would say that the only good things are the landscape, architecture, and the simplicity of going anywhere in europe cheap.






Search News