Friday, August 29, 2014

Math Fact, Math Fiction--First with Jordan Ellenberg, and Next with Stuart Rojstaczer (Appearing September 10, 7 pm, at Boswell)


Math Fact, Math Fiction--First with Jordan Ellenberg, and Next with Stuart Rojstaczer (Appearing September 10, 7 pm, at Boswell)


One of the nice things about hosting events in Milwaukee is that we can draw on authors from Chicago and Madison, and in most cases, this can be done without a lot of expense, meaning the publishers are more likely to go for it if we make a good pitch. It's still not a slam dunk--a first novelist is ...


My Holidays


Hi, all! The holidays are coming to an end, and so I’ve decided to write about my holidays this year: about the places I’ve visited and the things I’ve done. As you know, I was in Warsaw for a few days. The most memorable highlight of that time was the integration meeting with my new friends from un ...


InterRail Adventures - an overview 2014


For our holiday Jon and I decided that we would like to visit several areas in Europe and decided to purchase an I nterRail ticket. This post is an overview of our InterRail experience to offer advance to any people who may read, I will post about the hostels and places individually another day, oth ...


The Unthinkable.


This past summer, I took a trip to perform research for a book I have been working on for the past two years. As a high school English teacher, I consider honing the crafts I want my students to own to be one of my foremost responsibilities. Thing is, as a teacher, I have never had time to do that. ...


Books ?!


Hi Guys ! While brushing my teeth and I was thinking about this blog post and it sounded the way I wanted it to be. Now I’m sitting here and nothing sounds right. Do you know that feeling ? Haha :) Last Friday I arrived in Poland ! These two weeks I’m gonna try to spend a lot of time with my family. ...


HERBA STUDIO - BEST - MASECZKA DO CERY TRĄDZIKOWEJ!


Dobry Wieczór :* WEEKEND - tuż,tuż,tuż... Tak samo,jak JESIEŃ,która idzie do Nas dużymi krokami - czuję ją. Wszystko się zmienia - zmieniam się i JA - wszystko mnie przytłacza... Nie wiem kiedy się,to zmieni - oby,jak najszybciej... Na dzisiaj przygotowałam dla Was recenzję produktu,który otrzymałam ...


Xenon / Zen1 / Tercel gyrocopter photo fleet lisiting by country


The Xenon gyrocopter was originally manufactured by ABS Aerolight in France. These early examples were powered by Hirth engines - approximately 15 Xenons were built by ABS, most being supplied as kits. Photo above shows an ABS Aerolight Xenon with Hirth engine By early 2007 production had moved to P ...


The 16 Countries Where Women Are Faring Equal To Or Better Than Men


In most countries, men have higher well-being than women. But not in all. And that’s at least some progress. by BEN SCHILLER When you compare the overall development and well-being of men versus women, men are clearly better off in most societies across the globe. But there are exceptions–countries ...


Stairway to heaven!


Stairway to heaven w stylu Taylor Swift . Połączenie niezaprzeczalnie komiczne. Lecz czarna skóra i zestawienie spódniczki z krótkim topem to dziewczęca wersja rockowego looku. W tym miejskim zestawieniu można hasać po najwyższych schodach. Normcore rządzi! Dzięki normcorowi ikonami stylu stały się ...


Pope removes key Benedict XVI protege


Pope removes key Benedict XVI protege VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has removed a key protege of Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI from the Vatican's liturgy office and sent him back to his native Spain. News source ..| Sponsored links: LehaLeha USA | BigStockNews.com > Pope to honor dead on both s ...


The legacy of Staff Sgt. Michael Ollis lives on a year after his death in both Staten Island and Poland


STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A baby boy soon to be born in Poland will carry on the name of Staff Sergeant Michael Ollis of Staten Island who died a year ago Thursday saving the life of the expected infant's father. Ollis, 24, a lifelong resident of New Dorp ...


Adidas Poland Launches Instagram Game to Promote New Cleats


Adidas Poland has launched a new interactive game on Instagram in order to promote their new Adidas Predator soccer cleat. The company claims that it has created the first game in the form of a picture-matching game. In addition to Adidas’ attempt to ...


Amstar Acquires Iconic Zlota 44 Residential Tower in Warsaw, Poland


WARSAW, Poland, Aug. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Amstar announced today the acquisition of Zlota 44, a premier for-sale luxury residential tower located in the city center of Warsaw, Poland. Designed by renowned, Polish-born architect, Daniel Libeskind, the ...



Search News